Municipal Engineering & Land Development
Mr. Greg Smith, P.Eng. manages this team at G. Douglas Vallee Limited. Greg is a graduate of Queen’s University and is a licensed Professional Engineer with Professional Engineers Ontario. Greg carries with him a very diverse background in project development and management. Greg has been the project engineer on numerous large subdivision projects and has personally performed watermain network analysis and stormwater management modeling for all of the firm’s recent development projects. Greg has also been our lead engineer for recent sewage and water treatment plant projects.
This area of the firm’s practice includes site grading, storm and sanitary sewer design, watermain design, and road design for both municipal reconstruction projects and new land development projects. Projects are developed in accordance with municipal design standards and the requirements of the Ministry of Environment and other applicable agencies.
- Harvest Glen Phase 7 - Simcoe - Subdivision
- Bell Street and St. Ann Street - Delhi - Road Reconstruction
- Temperance Street and Nicol Street - Waterford - Road Reconstruction
- Stirling Street - Caledonia - Road Reconstruction
- St. Andrew Street - Port Dover - Road Reconstruction
- Lynn Park - Port Dover - Subdivision
- Coldstream Fire Station - Ilderton, ON - Net Zero Energy/Carbon Neutral Fire Station
- Black Creek - Port Dover - 39 Unit Condominium Development
- Whispering Pines - Port Dover - 16 Unit Condominium Development
- Talbot Street - Cayuga - Road Reconstruction
- Sihler Woods - Simcoe - 22 Freehold Condominium Units
- Argyle Avenue - Delhi - Road Reconstruction
- Woodway Trails – residential development in Simcoe – 1000 plus dwelling units
- Silver Lake Estates – residential development in Port Dover – 150 plus dwelling units
- Yin Subdivision – residential development in Waterford – 200 plus dwelling units
- Somerset – residential development in Port Dover – 311 dwelling units
- Harvest Glen – residential development in Simcoe – 250 plus dwelling units
- Toyotetsu / Toyota Automotive Parts Plant – Simcoe – Commercial Site
Also included in this area of practice are the design and development of municipal treatment facilities. Water pollution control plants (sewage) and water treatment plants (potable water) both fall into this category. For these projects, the firm has partnered with experts in the treatment process design, while our in-house staff has complimented their skills with the design of buildings, structures, site work, yard piping, and general municipal works.